Shapewear has the ability to give you extra confidence to show off your figure, be it in a body-skimming dress or a new pair of skinny jeans. With the power to enhance your silhouette by smoothing, lifting and flattening in all the right places, the right shapewear can help disguise any unwanted lumps and bumps. I chose Solidea Red Wave Bermuda for muscle support during a workout.
What are Compression Shorts
Compression shorts are a type of undergarment for athletes. Depending on the design, they could also be worn as shorts without anything on top.
Compression shorts for women are supposed to support and compress the muscles in the buttocks and the legs. This compression improves the circulation of blood and it also reduces muscle fatigue. As a result, manufacturers claim that compression shorts are great for improving performance and reducing the recovery period after an intense physical activity session.
3x the figure-flattering qualities in one short.
Get three incredible body enhancing technologies in one. Our micro massage shorts gently soothe the skin throughout the day, toning and firming your tummy, thighs, and backside. Compression helps increase blood flow, giving your legs a burst of energy. They’re also clinically proven to help you lose inches from your waistline. The innovative fabric is made of Far-Infrared Rays (FIR)—a new technology that absorbs body heat, reduces cellulite and rids your body of toxins. The result? Your skin will appear healthier, toned, and free from flaws. A specially designed comfort band at the waist never rolls or bunches. Cool, cotton gusset. Flat seams. 80% polyamide/18% elastane/2% cotton. Made in Italy.
80% POLYAMIDE 18% ELASTANE 2% COTTON
Compression model of Bermuda shorts. The special three-dimension wave fabric has a beneficial micro-massage action that aids microcirculation and eliminates excess liquids while reducing body mass and creating a transpiring and ventilated effect that prevents the onset of bad odors. The yarn also contains a mineral additive which converts the thermal energy of the human body into FIR (Far Infrared Rays), sending a pleasing temperature-control effect back to skin tissue. The synergy of these characteristics helps oxygenate cells, increases metabolism between blood and skin tissue and acts effectively against the formation of cellulite. Thighs, buttocks, and abdomen improve in tone and appearance. With Sanitized® hygienic function.
How to determine the proper size
We recommend, to choose the most appropriate size, that you refer to the following table where the various sizes are defined according to a ratio between height in centimeters (HEIGHT CM) and weight kilograms (WEIGHT KG).
If for example, we consider a person who is 163 cm tall and weighs 60 kilograms, then we calculate as follows:
- we find the corresponding height on the column on the left of the table (HEIGHT CM). In this case, 163 cm is a height between 160 and 165 cm
- we look for the corresponding weight in kg on the top of the table (WEIGHT KG). In this case, we consider the box that reaches up to 60 kg
- the recommended size is found at the intersection between the column that corresponds to weight and the line that corresponds to height. In our example, the size is 2 or M (medium).
Benefits of Wearing Compression Shorts
The benefits of wearing compression shorts are numerous, the most important ones being:
- A decrease in lactic acid production: one Australian study carried out in 2011 found out that rugby players wearing compression garments have less lactic acid in their muscles. Lactic acid is the one that accumulates in the tissues after intense physical activity and causes a burning sensation.
- Less friction and chaffing: compression shorts have specially positioned flat stitches. The placement is chosen to reduce friction. Thus, athletes that wear compression shorts report experiencing less chaffing during running and other challenging workouts.
- Improved circulation: another Australian clinical study suggests that circulation and tissue oxygenation both improve in athletes that wear compression shorts. Though the athletes didn’t experience a performance boost as a result of wearing the garments, proper muscle oxygenation is imperative during workouts.
- The fabric wicks moisture away from the body: compression garments are designed for the needs of active individuals. Manufacturers are aware of the fact that the wearer will be doing a lot of sweating. Thus, compression shorts are usually made of moisture-wicking fabrics that keep the body dry.
I’ve been wearing these compression shorts for almost a month now during workouts and I must say that they really help in improving performance and enhancing recovery. Solidea Red Wave Bermuda Compression shorts are worth purchasing, especially if you’re serious about working out effectively and improving your performance. These garments ensure much more than just comfort. Improved circulation and fast recovery are a must for every athlete.
Solidea Compression shorts can benefit both during and after exercise. When worn afterward, the bermuda can help expedite recovery of your strength and power, according to a meta-analysis detailing the benefits of wearing the gear published in the January 2013 issue of the “International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance.” This review also concluded that compression clothing, including shorts, can reduce swelling and the perception of pain in your muscles. Compression shorts may also make your body more efficient at warming the muscles and disposing of waste products produced during high-intensity exercise.
Don’t expect to lose weight
But don’t expect to lose weight only by wearing this compression bermuda. Compression shorts fit snugly, so your loose bits don’t hang while you’re wearing them. Take off the compression shorts, and your body will go right back to its original shape. If the compression shorts give you an edge in training — by reducing the perceived exertion of your workouts, for example — you may experience improved conditioning and tone in the muscles of your thighs and buttocks. The compression shorts didn’t make you more toned, they simply enabled you to do the work necessary to make these body changes.